Unconditional Love

I've done things that separated me from God, I've followed promptings and ended up shattered (literally, emotionally & figuratively), I've been angry with God, I've pleaded with Him to show me He cared and got no answer. I've always received answers from my Heavenly Father, and the one time, I really needed to feel loved I came up empty-handed. I came to the conclusion that maybe I wasn't very important to Him and I pushed God out of my life. -- classic "Kelsey" coping mechanism. I never doubted that he was there but I doubted he was there for me.

Since then, I've felt the adversary breathing down my neck felt unworthy to attend church, unworthy to feel His peace, and like I had to figure out all my problems before I mended my relationship with God. The last several months, I decided I needed to start somewhere and started praying again, reading my scriptures and I set a goal that I wanted to go back to church and I wanted to go in person. 

This morning I woke up, got ready, and thought of EVERY SINGLE reason not to go to church. I ended up in a random ward, I walked into the church building and felt an overwhelming sense of peace. A peace you hear about in General Conference, the peace that just screamed: "you're home." I sat down in the chapel and a girl about my age stood up. One of the first sentences out of her mouth was "He just wants to hear from you. He doesn't care where you are in life, what you've done, or how far away you've gone, He just wants to hear from you." Over and over again she repeated that phrase. As she continued her talk, I knew that everything she was saying was for me.

Today, I was reminded how truly amazing God is. I was reminded that he does know exactly where I am, who I am, all my flaws, and He still loves me. Today, I felt this light break through the clouds and I could feel a peace unlike anything else. Today, I remembered what His unconditional love feels like. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Temple is the House of God"

Fathers: Perfect and Unperfect

Where to Turn